Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Job description: Role: Centre Director
Centre: Goodstart Dubbo Wheelers Lane
Employment Type: Permanent full-time position
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life!
As the Centre Director at Goodstart Dubbo Wheelers Lane you will use your experience and leadership qualities to engage and motivate your centre team to drive continuous improvement in all aspects across centre operation and to extend your network of relationships with children, families, and educators. You will work in collaboration with your centre leadership team .
You will establish respectful and reciprocal relationships with families and engage in networks within the centre’s local community.
Goodstart Early Learning Child Care Centre Dubbo - Wheelers Lane is a 76 place centre located in a residential area, close to schools, shops and main roads making the daily drop-off and pick-up more convenient. Our centre is equipped with large classrooms – from Nursery to Kindergarten / Preschool - and playgrounds, catering for children aged from six weeks through to five years. We cater for each child at an individual level through play-based learning, in order to inspire a love of learning and investigation.
This position is a full time role, 38 hours a week - Monday-Friday with a RDO if you wish. Flexlbe working hours are also available along with work from home time!
You’ll help achieve this by:
* Having a Diploma in Early Childhood Education (or an approved Diploma level qualification recognised by ACECQA)
* Having strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Having a passion and willingness to learn
* Having strong working knowledge of all areas of the National Quality Framework
* Having commitment to safety and high standard of work output
* Having the desire to motive and encourage your fellow educators and those who may resist change
* Having the availability to work a rotating roster
What Goodstart can offer you
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
* Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
* Competitive pay you’ll get paid on par with state primary school Teachers (if you hold your Bachelor in Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent)
* Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year, and our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
* Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
* 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
* Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love:
* Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
* Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
If you have previous experience as an Assistant Director, or in a centre leadership position, or similar, then we want to meet you!
We review applications as they are submitted, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
For more information, please contact Recruiter – Katya Reshetnikova email@example.com
To apply: https://goodstart-early-learning.contactrh.com/jobs/12217/40220185