Goodstart Dubbo Wheelers Lane
Full Time – Permanent Position
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people! From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
Goodstart Early Learning Child Care Centre Dubbo - Wheelers Lane is a 78 place centre located in a residential area, close to schools, shops and main roads making the daily drop-off and pick-up more convenient.
Our centre is equipped with large classrooms – from Nursery to Kindergarten / Preschool - and playgrounds, catering for children aged from six weeks through to five years. We also offer before and after school care and vacation care for children up to 12 years of age. We cater for each child at an individual level through play-based learning, in order to inspire a love of learning and investigation.
This centre’s opening hours are 6:30am-6:30pm.
This role is a full-time permanent position – 38 hours a week.
As the Assistant Director at Goodstart Dubbo Wheelers Lane you will use your experience and leadership qualities to engage and motivate your centre team to drive continuous improvement in all aspects across centre operation and to extend your network of relationships with children, families, and educators. You will work in collaboration with your centre leadership team.
You will establish respectful and reciprocal relationships with families and engage in networks within the centre’s local community.
You’ll help achieve this by
- Having a Diploma in Early Childhood Education (or an approved Diploma level qualification recognised by ACECQA)
- Support the centre director in the leadership of the team to provide high-quality early learning and care
- Mentor and build capabilities within the centre team
- Be responsible for the overall management of the centre in the centre director’s absence
- Use and implement the Goodstart Practice Guide
- Have strong communication skills both written and verbal
- A&R experience would be highly desirable
What Goodstart can offer you?
- Job security and stability
- Professional development and training
- Purchased additional leave
- Competitive above award rates
- Tax benefits through salary packaging
- Employee assistance program
- Uniform allowance
- Childcare discounts (from 15-30%)
If you have previous experience as an Assistant Director or a centre leadership position, or similar, then we want to meet you!
How to apply
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.