Sod turning marks new life for Park

FIRST SOD: Dubbo Regional Council’s Ian Hodges, Michael Kneipp, Mark Riley and Ian McAlister, and Ian Bolond from Bolo’s Moving and Excavation. Photo: CONTRIBUTED

FIRST SOD: Dubbo Regional Council’s Ian Hodges, Michael Kneipp, Mark Riley and Ian McAlister, and Ian Bolond from Bolo’s Moving and Excavation. Photo: CONTRIBUTED

Work into Cameron Park’s $1 million refurbishment is continuing, with Dubbo Regional Council administrator Michael Kneipp turning the sod on a new avenue of trees.

Mr Kneipp turned the sod on Wednesday, marking the beginning of a new avenue of Tulip trees which will frame the existing heritage footpath system within Wellington’s park.

Almost $1 million has been allocated for restoration works at the park, including structural and cosmetic changes to the rotunda.

Mr McAlister said for many years Cameron Park had been the premier park for the Wellington community.

“The park is now at the point where intervention is required. Without this intervention the cost of returning the park to its former status will continue to increase, with the current conditions of the rotunda and toilet facilities provided as examples,” he said.

The rotunda will be finished by early July.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop