A 15-year-old boy has pleaded guilty after being charged over an alleged armed robbery near Orana Mall on Monday morning.
The boy, who may not be identified, was refused bail when he appeared before the Dubbo Children’s Court on Wednesday.
He was charged with robbery in company.
A 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named, was refused bail when he appeared on charges of armed robbery on Tuesday.
Police allege the two boys robbed a 63-year-old woman of her handbag containing a wallet, two mobile phones and other personal items.
In court on Tuesday police alleged the 17-year-old held a knife with a 20cm blade to the woman’s chest.
In applying for bail on Wednesday, the 15-year-old’s solicitor told Magistrate Paul Hayes the boy had played less of a role in the alleged offence than the other accused. The solicitor said the boy would not go to Orana Mall as a condition of bail, and would submit to a curfew between 8pm and 8am.
But, the prosecution opposed bail on the grounds the accused posed a risk of committing a serious offence and of endangering the community. The prosecution argued the young person had an extensive criminal history and had been charged on 27 separate occasions, including numerous break, enter and stealing and aggravated break, enter and stealing charges.
The prosecution said the offence was of a violent nature, the alleged victim suffered injuries, the knife was used in the commission of the crime and the offence was committed in company.
The matter was adjourned to June 5.