2005: Wellington and Narromine win through to the grand final, but Group 11 continues to cop criticism from the Wellington club over its offer of $5000 compensation to the Cowboys after the grand finals are taken to Apex Oval, and not staged at Kennard Park.
2007: Group 11 makes the unprecedented decision to lock down a grand final venue weeks ahead of the major semi-final. That venue is Apex Oval.
2010:Parkes fans are filthy after Group 11 secretary Bob Walsh defends a decision to take the grand finals to Apex Oval, where he predicts a bigger crowd and in turn more monetary gain for all eight clubs involved in the competitions.
Fans of both Parkes and Forbes consider a move to Group 10.
2011: Group 11 makes its first move, Parkes (first grade), Forbes (reserve grade) and Parkes (under 18s) all qualify first for their respective deciders, leading the competition’s committee to move grand final day to Parkes’ Pioneer Oval.
Both Dubbo CYMS and Wellington, the two clubs left to play in the preliminary final, express their disappointment.
GF GATE TAKINGS
How much has each decider collected:
- 2007: Dubbo CYMS 31 def Dubbo Macquarie 12. At Apex Oval, Dubbo - $31,160
- 2008: Dubbo Macquarie 14 def Dubbo CYMS 6. At Apex Oval, Dubbo - $26,200
- 2009: Dubbo CYMS 26 def Parkes 22. At Apex Oval, Dubbo - $24,000
- 2010: Parkes 32 def Wellington 12. At Apex Oval, Dubbo - $21,720
- 2011: Dubbo CYMS 22 def Parkes 20. At Pioneer Oval, Parkes - gate not available
- 2012: Dubbo Macquarie 32 def Dubbo CYMS 12. At Apex Oval, Dubbo - $26,000
- 2013: Parkes 30 def Dubbo CYMS 18. At Apex Oval, Dubbo - $23,857
- 2014: Dubbo CYMS 34 def Parkes 20. At Apex Oval, Dubbo - $18,000 - game live streamed on the internet.
- 2015: Dubbo CYMS 18 def Parkes 6. At Caltex Park, Dubbo - $23,000
- 2016: Forbes 26 def Dubbo CYMS 22. At Caltex Park, Dubbo - $33,000