Convicted sex offender faces Dubbo Local Court

A CONVICTED sex offender has pleaded guilty to failing to comply with police reporting conditions.

The 61-year-old man appeared in Dubbo Local Court via audiovisual link from Wellington Correctional Centre. He cannot be named for legal reasons.

The man was taken into custody when he went to Dubbo police station.

"His brother told him police were looking for him,'' the police prosecutor said.

The court heard the man was placed on the sex offender register in 2008 following conviction on four counts of indecent assault on children.

The offences occurred in a town north-west of Dubbo.

In accordance with court orders the man must notify police of his residential address.

Police said the man was supposed to be living at Penrith and had not been reporting since August 8, 2011.

Magistrate Andrew Eckhold was told the man had been living a transient lifestyle, moving from place to place looking for work.

The man had found accommodation and a job in Dubbo.

Magistrate Eckhold ordered a new pre-sentence report and adjourned the charge to March 20.

There was no application for bail which was formally refused by the court.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop